Note: all of the question types, timings and pauses between recordings in this free online IELTS listening test are EXACTLY what you can expect in the IELTS test. Our free online material has been designed to emulate the IELTS test as accurately as possible in every aspect.
Looking for even more listening practice tests? Our complete online IELTS course has 15 complete practice tests as well as lessons, exercises and end of lesson tests with complete IELTS recordings. In the online course, your practice test answers are also automatically marked and graded by our online system.
We strongly recommend that you do not pause the recording during this practice test – the exact timing you will have in the IELTS test is already built in, so pausing the recording will not give you an accurate idea of your level.
When you have finished the test, take a note of the number of correct answers you got and move on to Section 2.
The customer went to South Africa
- last month
- last week
- last year. C
Questions 1 and 2
Choose the correct letter A–C.
1 The travel agent:
- thinks Europe is a good destination
- can personally recommend Vancouver
- does not think America is a good choice.
2 The customer:
- is going to Europe next year
- knows people living in Canada
- wants to go to the warmest place.
Questions 3 to 6
Complete the form using NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER.
|The Travel Depot flight reservations|
|Customer’s name:||Jim (3) Show answerJackson|
|Address||10 Allen Road, Oldham|
|Contact number:||0151 (4) (home number) Show answer433 398|
|Flight number||(5) Show answerVN217|
|Length of stay (nights):||(6) Show answer20 or Twenty|
Questions 7 to 10
Complete the sentences below USING NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR A NUMBER
- The travel agent recommends some form of (7) cover for peace of mind. Show answer‘Travel insurance’ or just ‘Insurance’
- There are two types of cover, but the best cover is offered with the (8) Star policy. Show answerGold
- The client can see a play at the theatre for $ (9) . Show answer54 or Fifty four (the currency symbol is not needed as it is in the question)
- The flight and the insurance together costs £ (10) . Show answer433 (the currency symbol is not needed as it is in the question)
Show All correct answers
Do you want your answer automatically marked and converted to a band score? Enrol in our complete online IELTS course to get 15 complete practice tests, over 80 lessons on EVERY aspect of IELTS and over 350 presentation videos with audio and narration. Start achieving results today!